Friday, July 26, 2019

Decoding (Possible) Bunny Script

Hey Jammers! I'm going away for the next few days, so I won't be posting again until I'm home on August 1st. I'm really really really excited!!! :D

Before I go, I wanted to leave you with a little mystery...


So I was looking through the AJ Wiki, trying to figure out if any items from adventures would make my den look cuter, when I stumbled upon this item.

This item is a prize from a (now unavailable?) adventure called The Phantom Badlands, and it's an inscription that Peck wrote to get the attention of the brave adventurers who hope to rescue her from the phantoms.

I didn't think much of it when I actually undertook that adventure, but the text on it seems familiar now:


This is text from Brady Barr's lab, and although it doesn't quite match Peck's inscription, I recognize a few characters from it on the sign above.

The question I have is whether or not this is some kind of Bunny Script. What do I mean by Bunny Script? Well, here's Tiger Script:


This is an image shared by AJHQ, presumably from a screen only they have access to. It was used to explain the text on the Chalkboard item, which has the phrase "WELCOME TO CLASS. THIS IS TIGER SCRIPT."


I've always assumed that there were more scripts than just Tiger, just judging by how the chart above is laid out. It looks like there's a list of scripts, and Tiger is just one of them. 

However, the difference between Tiger script and the images of what may be Bunny Script is that the Tiger Script as it's seen on AJ on the chalkboard (and a couple "SALE" signs in shops) is that places with Tiger Script appear mostly uniform (meaning, it's clear if two characters are the same)

Still, if you look closely at the two pictures at the top which I think may be examples of Bunny (or some other) Script, there are repeating characters. They're just not copy-and-pasted like it seems the script on the chalkboard is, so there's a little variety.

But wait, there's more! You'll realize that the different Scripts may appear similar to English (the "THIS" on the Chalkboard is pretty clear) 

We might be able to sort of figure out what the Peck Inscription is saying...


The word that looks the most like English is at the very bottom and it seems to say "–PECK"! This can be a reference, now that we know what those four characters mean, but it doesn't seem the other text on the sign has any of these characters. (The first character may also be a P, but it seems unlikely...)

Maybe we can use the fact that in the adventure, Peck's signs were used to give advice. 











This is turning into a longer post than I planned, lol

Assuming that the /. looking character at the top is just one character, the message has this many characters, none of them repeating and none of them P, E, C, or K:

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

What kind of advice could fit into 9 characters and fit the above criteria? (or 8, if the dash on the second row is a period).
It might not be exactly two words– maybe it's one long word. Maybe it has nothing to do with the actual warning signs.

I need your help! Let's try to crack this code together. Somehow. :D

Here's one thing I'm thinking right now– the text on the sign and the text in Brady Barr's lab are probably not the same script. Maybe that text is... Monkey Script? I'm just making stuff up now.

Here's another instance of coded language on an AJ item:


Hmm... Wolf Script? This is Greely's Blackboard.

And because this post has been trying to get to the bottom of what may be Bunny Script, here's a picture of a baby bunny who has been visiting my backyard:


Even though my family has a pretty sizable veggie garden, this baby bunny prefers to eat the plants growing in the cracks of the pavement. In this photo they have a lil leaf in their mouth <3

Pro tip: it's 100% normal for baby animals like bunnies to be alone for periods of time. Just cuz you don't immediately see their mama doesn't mean they necessarily need your help! Look for other signs before you jump to conclusions.

Okay... I think I'm done now. See you in Jamaa! In a few days, cuz I'm travelling!

10 comments:

  1. i feel surprised that aj was acting trying to give a hidden message, i thought they randomized. Btw in an adventure (forgot which) you can actually read peck inscriptions. lol maybe you might have some luck there, i doubt anything of value XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just stared at it long enough and then the –PECK jumped out at me.

      I think I know what you're talking about– is it that the adventure with the blue paint markings that act as clues?

      Delete
  2. Where did you learn that?

    And I wish that too... I'm so curious to know if there's a panda script and what it might look like XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, its amazing that you notice all these little things in the game. I would have never payed attention those details. It's fascinating that you could decode them! Aww that bunny is soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You start noticing a lot of stuff on AJ when you're stretched for content to post XD

      And that bunny has been visiting our garden every evening for the past three days. Yesterday, they snuggled up in the bean patch for a while :')

      Delete
  4. Just a small curious question, why did you call the bunny 'they' instead of 'it'?
    I'm not at all going to start an argument-don't worry! I'm just curious :D

    -Katokato99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries! I get that question a lot :)
      It's a habit I have because I personally don't like referring to animals as "it"– it's the grammatically correct way, I know, but I just don't feel like animals should be referred to like objects

      Delete
  5. I imagine it would have curved lines

    -Julieblap

    ReplyDelete
  6. the rabbit is so cute!
    -licia144

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^