Friday, July 5, 2019

Future Wild Weekend items...?

Hey Jammers! We have another Wild Weekend on our hands, so let's see what it's about...



Woohoo! I like this version of a Wild Weekend (unreleased items) as opposed to the ones that have happened in past summers where completely new (and not always interesting) items were released.

I think the For Trade sign is especially useful for nonmember den item shops (though it would make more sense if the For Sale one was also nonmember)

Still, you might notice something interesting about the signs if you look closely...



Even though the Wolf Mecha is identical on both the Jamaa Journal page and in the shop, the signs are different!

In the Jamaa Journal, the signs are on smoother posts and have a subtle gradient. In the shop window, the posts are a little bumpy and the sign is just one solid red color.

I had remembered seeing the For Trade/Sale on the Animal Jam Wiki a year or two ago (these were actually unreleased leaked items), so I tried to go back to see if the image looked more like the Jamaa Journal version or the sold version... but alas, the original image had been replaced.

As for which sign I like better... I have a thing for gradients, because they are a key feature of beta items as I discussed in this post

Still, I'm not gonna turn this into another thing to be picky about. We got enough of that here on Animal Jam Stream XD


Welcome to Doomy's Thrifty Trades! Everything on sale for one Necklace... or less!

I was in Sarepia Theater when my buddy Infinity Magictoucan showed up, so I asked them about this new Wild Weekend:



I agree, Infinity. 

We also talked about the Jammers who hacked/data-mined Animal Jam's files to look for images of unreleased items– which is how images of the For Sale/Trade signs got to the Animal Jam Wiki in the first place. 

I don't believe anyone actually hacked the items into the game before they were released, but still, it's really against AJ's rules to even go looking for images.

Even still... there are a ton up on the Animal Jam Wiki. And it's interesting to look at them and wonder if they'll be the next Wild Weekend:








I wonder if those animal banners will ever come back to shops, and banners of newer animals will be made.

What do you think will happen during the next Wild Weekend?

See you in Jamaa~

6 comments:

  1. Maybe, AJ was thinking that the for sale sign should be member because they were thinking about the my shop feature, which isn't available to nonmembers. But still though, they should still get to have sign... Anyways... IMAGINE IF IN THE NEXT WILD WEEKEND WE GET THE UNRELEASED GEM TREE?? :OO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool!

      I think every wild weekend has just one nonmember item each, so I guess thats why AJHQ chose the Trade sign to be nonmember only

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, people do hack items into the game– I misspoke, I meant that I didn't think that the For Trade/Sale signs were hacked in but rather images of them on the AJ Wiki were gathered through hacking. I might be wrong, of course, I don't know much about hacking.

    And people actually call AJHQ pretending to be developers!?!? Wow, I kind of find that hilarious because I can't imagine that going over well–

    "Hello I am a developer and I require an unreleased item to test"
    "Which one of our developers are you?"
    "Uhhh... Bob Computerman"
    *AJHQ hangs up*

    But in all seriousness, if people actually get away with unreleased items through that method... what is going on at AJHQ!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doomy I'm Toucan if you didn't know
    Anyway, I had to say that intelligent thing as you screenshoted it XD

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^