Monday, July 1, 2019

Fun with the Wayback Machine

Hey Jammers! I started this post thinking that I was going to talk about a few more old blogs, but now I realize that I've already featured all the blogs I have a lot to say about. 

I don't want to just post a bunch of screenshots saying how much I liked the blog layouts, or how I miss the Jammers who ran them, because that will just go on forever. I also want to talk about other stuff, so I will conclude this series here.

But not before talking about a blog that might be even older than Animal Jam Rush...


...or at least, just as old. Or maybe a little less old.

Most old AJ blogs are still up on the internet, but the issue with this one (animaljamhq.com) is that it's no longer accessible. If you go to that URL you get an error message. I took the above screenshot in 2017 because it made me happy.

However, you can still experience this blog with the magic of the Wayback Machine! It was saved around 72 times (wow) so you can still go through the links, read posts, and whatnot. Of course, you can't comment or contact General Chillyjammer.


Here's the home page... very simple but honestly I love it :)

It's sites like these that make me conflicted: do I make Animal Jam Stream really graphic-heavy and pretty, or do I make it simple and nice to look at? I care way too much about my blog's design /).(\


A theme you may notice with a lot of older blogs is positivity. I've been told by my friend Gogreen16, who was in beta, that people in general were just friendlier. Maybe that's because the game wasn't as populated as it is now.


This caught my eye: the introduction of Best Dressed!

And that bunny looked familiar...


It's Blooming Gassychamp from the trading tutorial! I love it. X)

AJHQ, never get rid o' that tutorial. Why? Because it's nice, and it reminds me that not all of Jamaa is modernized to heck. Also it's just a clear tutorial.

Because I was curious, I also looked at the Nat Geo Kids website on the Wayback Machine. I went to 2011, back when most Jammers found out about the world of Jamaa through Nat Geo Kids. And back when Nat Geo had anything to do with AJ.



It's so beautiful :')

It seems weird but these kinds of websites bring out such positive memories. Discovering Animal Jam with my best friend was an amazing experience, but it's not about nostalgia anymore– it's just something that makes me happy.

I'm a little sad that some things on AJ have changed to a visual style that seems too slick, and that AJHQ has completely forgotten about some key aspects that make the world of Jamaa unique (learning about nature *cough*). But many things haven't changed much and they're still beautiful– the lands, some rooms, and tons of other stuff. I appreciate that.

As for the educational stuff... it's still there, it's just not emphasized enough in the Jamaa Journal. Honestly though, I could be Animal Jam's collector-of-educational-content, and I'd do it for free. I just don't know how I'd ask them that sort of thing.

Before I go, here's a Wayback Machine screenshot of my blog in May 2013:


I only got one word to say about this one:







Yeehaw


1 comment:

  1. The power of the way back machneXD I have actually been reading this blog for a long time now, come to think of it. Your template back then looked awesome, and to this day it is awesome still! Your always able to make it soooo nice Doomy! Anyways, its always nice to take a flash back through memory lane with all the blogs on wayback machine. I should do that with my blog one time. I think I actually have in the past before...

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^