Thursday, July 11, 2019

Update + News from Clark Stacey + Question

Hey Jammers! Today was the update, and the next Wild Weekend came with it. Let's see what this one is all about:


New My Shop storefronts! All member's only, naturally, but they look kinda nice.





I'm sure the Floating Fantasy Shop is the favorite of most people (me included). It reminds me of the Fantasy Castle den! 


Goats are here! I don't know when they left, but they're back in the Diamond Shop.



The gigantic Beach House is back for the season, as well~



Full-screen mode is here for browser AJ! I tried it out and...



It made the screen slightly bigger, and my already pixelated wolf even more pixelly. 

It's probably a different result with other browsers– I think mine may be outdated somehow lol


The old timey 'Fairtime Fun' bundle of den items and clothing items has come to Jamaa:



Reminds me a lot of Mary Poppins

This specific bundle theme is interesting in how specific and unexpected it is. Hmm...


We were right guys, camels are coming to Jamaa! Hopefully they won't look like an obvious edit of the llama.

I wonder when an animal that will have to be designed from the ground up will come– like the hippo, a snake... or a platypus X)


Lastly, the Summer Eggstravaganza pets have been revealed! There's been a lot of creativity with these pets, I've noticed. So many different kinds... it's probably easier to do animations with pets because they have a limited amount of accessories to accommodate.

Alright! Now that we're done with the Jamaa Journal, let's get to some clearance items.

Jam Mart Clothing





Jam Mart Furniture






Outback Imports


Conservation Museum



Epic Wonders


I went to every land shop (I don't have an underwater animal right now) and I also found a couple items in the Appondale Pet Shop that I think everyone forgot about:


I think these were part of the relatively recent summer vacation den item theme.

Before I go, I wanted to share some nice news!


Shoutout to Difficult of the Animal Jam Timber for bringing the attention of Animal Jam's CEO, Clark Stacey, to the lack in educational content in Animal Jam. 

Clark responded!! And he said they'll work on it!! Hopefully he means it. 

I had sent an Instagram message to Clark Stacey a while ago about this same issue and never got a reply, so I guess he's more active on Twitter.

And another thing...


What do you guys think about this idea?

If it happened, Epic Wonders might get a little more crowded, but I think it makes sense to have one source of "epic" items– it's already selling Diamond items like Peck's Easel. 

Also, I just really miss Club Geoz (and the Play Wild Party) and I think it's such a tragedy that it got replaced by Alpha HQ, which I think is so big it feels out of place in Jamaa Township.

Of course, I don't doubt that some people would miss the Diamond Shop. It is a pretty room, so that's why I'm wondering how Jammers would feel about it.

Comment your ideas, and see you in Jamaa!

8 comments:

  1. This update was decent I guess? I do have to agree with you, the shops are very creative with the way they look. I was hoping they'd have a special nonmember one, but obviously not :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if a My Shop will ever be nonmember

      Delete
  2. i would love it if nonmembers could buy from my shops. that`s all. -licia144
    P.S i found a glitch ! ( well i found it in march but it still works) Basically you get a wolf, but the whole ancient armour on it and sleep. there will be a strange grey patch next to the wolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could test that, but alas, I am nonmember XD

      Sounds cool though!

      Delete
  3. That would be interesting– personally, I like the colors of Gabby's Hospital, but I can see where you're coming from

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doomy, I was trying to fix the image maps on my blog by doing it the way you reccommended! It works for the top banner, except now the pages are far away from the actual template portion. I tried with the left side, but the image doesn't appear. I tried with the right side but it isn't doing anything (which kinda sucks thats the image map with the most links). What do you reccommend trying? I can probably get my brother to help with the gap between the pages and the blog template, since hes good at coding on computer. But I need the images do appear XD I guess its better than having the random message appear with the links still there lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response!

      So, a possibility is that the image you're using for your image map is the same except it has some extra space you need to crop out (but I don't think that's the case)

      In the HTML code of your image map, look for something saying "padding". Padding is extra space added onto your image. Maybe somehow you typed a huge number of pixels in there accidentally

      Hope you can fix it soon! Image maps can be hard to work with, and when I re-do my layout I might not use them

      Delete
    2. Okay, thank you for your help:)

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^